THINGS TO DO
- Located less than 8 minutes from the I-64
- Located within short driving distance from all of the Hampton Roads military bases.
- Less than 25 minutes from Langley Air Force Base in Hampton
- Less than 20 minutes from Ft. Eustis Army Base in Newport News
- Less than 15 minutes from Naval Weapons Station in Yorktown
- Less than 10 minutes from the U.S. Coast Guard Training Center in Yorktown
- Less than 35 minutes from Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk
- Less than 45 minutes from Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in Virginia Beach
- Less than 60 minutes from Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach
- Numerous historical sites are located all within a 15 minute drive or less. Called The Historic Triangle this includes Yorktown Battlefields & Yorktown Battlefield Visitor Center, Jamestown Settlement & Yorktown Victory Center, Colonial National Historical Park, James River Plantations, Colonial Williamsburg and much more!
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg Theme Park and Water Country USA in Williamsburg are located within a 20 minute drive.
- Love the water and outdoors? The York River surrounds Yorktown and leads to the Chesapeake Bay. Enjoy the River down at Yorktown Riverwalk, a popular wedding venue, where there are 2 acres of beach for boating, swimming and fishing (including a fishing pier) and a 10 acre grass picnic area. Restroom and shower facilities as well as numerous restaurants and shops are located at Yorktown Riverwalk.
The Lakes at Dare neighborhood is a part of planned development and include a homeowner’s association managed by Chesapeake Bay Management Company. The current dues are $972 for the year and are due no later than January 31st of each year. The neighborhood includes a pool, sheltered rec area, numerous lakes, and common areas for walking and biking.
The York County School District is a much sought after school division. Properties located in the Lakes at Dare neighborhood are zoned for York High School, Yorktown Middle School and Dare Elementary School. Visit http://yorkcountyschools.org/ for additional information.
The Hampton Roads area also offers an array of private schools to include but not limited to the following:
Hampton Roads Academy which is an independent college preparatory school for children in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12th. Visit www.hra.org for more information.
Warwick River Christian School provides education for grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8th. Visit www.warwickriver.org for more information.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel offers classes for grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8th. Visit www.olmc-school.com for more information.
Peninsula Catholic High School for grades 8th through 12th. Visit www.peninsulacatholic.com for more information.
Summit Christian Academy for grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12th. Visit http://scaschools.org/ for more information.
Walsingham Academy for grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12th. Visit http://www.walsingham.org/ for more information.
The Lakes at Dare consists of 164 homes with an average assessed value of right at $492,000. Five homes sold in 2014 with an average sales price of $499,300.