A strategic market price will complement our proven marketing campaign and position your home effectively in the marketplace. It is a common misconception that real estate agents are taught how to determine a selling price in real estate licensing school. Average agents are not taught pricing skills.
PRICING CORRECTLY IS IMPORTANT
- Pricing your property competitively will generate the most activity from agents and buyers.
- Pricing your property too high may make it necessary to drop the price below market value to compete with new, well-priced listings.
PROPERTY INTEREST LEVEL
- A property generates the most interest when it first hits the market.
- The number of showings is greatest during this time if it is priced at a realistic market value.
- Starting too high and dropping the price later misses the excitement and fails to generate strong activity. Then you’re chasing the market.
- Many homes that start high end up selling below market value because buyers perceive stale listings as an opportunity for a bargain.
THE MARKET VALUE OF YOUR HOME IS NOT
- What designer decor you have in your home
- How much money you need to make when you sell
- What you hope it’s worth
- What the city/county assessment states
- What you heard your neighbors home sold for
- How much it’s insured for
- Based on prices of homes in the area where you’re moving
THE TRUE VALUE OF YOUR HOME IS
What a buyer is willing to pay…
- Based on today’s market
- Based on today’s competition
- Based on today’s financing
- Based on today’s economic conditions
- Based on the buyer’s perception of the home
- Based on the location
- Based on normal marketing time
HOW CAN YOUR PROPERTY BE A “10”?
- By improving the condition dramatically
- By offering good terms
- By improving the way the home shows
- By adjusting the price